As Thanksgiving approaches – with thoughts in our minds about how thankful we are, and with questions about what to do as fall heralds Thanksgiving, shopping, and Christmas – you’ll always find something interesting right outside your door. Here’s a brief pre-Thanksgiving Truckee events roundup, covering over a half-dozen events in the first two weeks of November.
- November 6, 2015 – Kids Night Out. Are your children from 4 – 9 years old? The first Friday of every month holds something special for them. The Northwoods Clubhouse at Tahoe Donner is the place, the timing is from 5-9 p.m., and the cost is $20. While you take time out, trained staff keep your kids entertained with games, dinner, arts & crafts, a movie, and a bedtime story! Click here for the events page, or phone (530) 587-9437.
- November 6, 2015 – First Fridays. This all-ages event takes place the first Friday of every month. It’s f-r-e-e, and offered up for you is music, wine, and food. Runs from 5:30-8 p.m. Note that Tahoe City also has their First Friday.
- November 7, 2015 – Tahoe Chocolate & Wine Festival. This is their 27th year! And this is the way to pamper yourself. You’ll be at the Grand Ballroom of the Hyatt Regency, treated to the finest and richest of treats. Even better, you’ll know you’re supporting various Tahoe SAFE Alliance programs. Visit the organizer’s home page, or if you already know you want to reserve tickets, click this link.
- November 8, 2015 – Kids Train Day. Get to Truckee River Regional Park by 11 a.m., and treat your kids to a ride on the miniature 1/8 scale train. It’s a f-r-e-e event, though the organizers – Truckee Donner Railroad Society – would appreciate your donation.
- November 10, 2015 – Good Morning Truckee. Your Chamber of Commerce is there for you, and often, they have events of interest. Every second Tuesday of every month, at Truckee Tahoe Airport, they have a good morning breakfast and discussion from 7-8:30 a.m. Check out the Chamber’s main Web page for general information, or phone (530) 587-8808 for reservations. Tickets are very reasonably priced.
- November 12, 2015 – Passport to Dining. The North Tahoe Business Association has your special passport ready, and it’s billed as “North Tahoe’s most flavorful fundraiser”. Does that whet your appetite? Then imagine 35 tasting stations – restaurants, caterers, breweries, wineries, distilleries – and you have the picture. There are raffle tickets available, and a silent auction. Advance tickets are $40, while day of, if available, are $50. Visit their website now, or give them a call at (530) 546-9000 to find out more.
- November 14, 2015 – Cadillac Ball. Every year, the Rotary Club lets you “step into an elegant winter wonderland”, at the Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe. Gourmet dining, auctions, live entertainment, and dancing. The prizes include a Grand Prize of $10,000, awarded at the end of the Ball. Feel good in knowing that your participation helps various non-profit groups and organizations in our community. Click here for the website.
This list was accurate at the time of publication; please check directly with the venue(s) to ensure dates, times, and locations remain the same.