You don’t need to be Irish, or to drink green beer, to enjoy the fun and merriment of St. Patrick’s Day! This year it falls on Thursday, March 17. There are all kinds of things to do for St. Patrick’s Day in the Tahoe – Truckee area… here are a few ideas to help to get you started.
Starting at 5:30 p.m. on Saturday, March 12, the Truckee Lions Club will hold its annual St. Patrick’s Day Cabbage Bash. Now in its sixth year, this fun event, with tickets priced at only $40, includes lots to do:
- Cocktails start at 5:30 p.m.
- Dinner is at 7 p.m.
- There’s a $1,000 door prize, plus all sorts of raffles
- Music and dancing fill-out the evening
To learn more about the event, please head over to this website. Tickets are available online at www.truckeelionsclub.com, and in person at many locations, including The Wagon Train and Truckee Sears.
Of course, there’s lots to do on the day of:
- On March 17, at the Cottonwood Restaurant, from 7 – 10 p.m., you can enjoy live Celtic and Irish music. Please check this website closer to the date.
- Northstar offers up Patrick’s Day Festivities. Go on a scavenger hunt, let the kids (or you) get faces painted, enjoy live music and traditional Irish food and drink. Lots happening here. Please check directly with Northstar by phoning them at 1.800.466.6784, or heading over the St. Paddy’s Day event page here.
- The River Ranch Lodge & Restaurant will also hold their St. Patrick’s Day Celebration, starting at 3:30 p.m. in the bar that day. Enjoy Irish food and drink, and consider having the special, Corned Beef and Cabbage! For a little more information, have a look at this Web page.
If you want to start celebrating early head south to the 48th Annual Tahoe Douglas Rotary’s St. Patrick’s Day Celebration on Friday, March 11. Harrah’s Lake Tahoe is hosting this great and important affair; an event that honors the local law enforcement and fire heroes. Dedicated professionals from each of the following agencies will be honored:
- Tahoe Douglas Fire
- South Lake Tahoe Fire
- Lake Valley Fire
- Douglas County Sheriff’s Office
- South Lake Tahoe Police Department
- El Dorado County Sheriff’s Office
It’s even more ‘feel good’ than you might have thought possible: a sizable donation will be made to the local non-profit of each award winner’s choice.
The Rotary Club wants to entice you with one of a kind special auction items. These are items—like two front section VIP tickets to every concert at Harvey’s Outdoor Concert Arena—that can’t be otherwise bought. In addition, trips, dinners, and many other special things will be available to bid on in their silent auction. Tickets for this great night out are $75 each or $600 for a table of ten. In addition to supporting numerous worthy causes, you’ll be treated to a full Irish buffet dinner, wine, and dancing. The event runs from 6 – 10 p.m. For more information, or to purchase your tickets, please visit the event’s main website. You can also contact any Tahoe Douglas Rotarian, or head over to www.SouthTahoeNow.com.
This list was accurate at the time of publication; please check directly with the venue(s) to ensure dates, times, and locations remain the same.