Easter in Truckee – North Tahoe is a time for the family and to enjoy the activities our community offers. It falls on the weekend of April 3rd this year; the town of Truckee and all of North Tahoe’s resorts are offering up many special events. We’ve done some of the legwork for you…
- Easter egg hunts are a lot of fun!
- On Saturday, April 4 there’s the Spring Eggstravaganza and Egg hunt at Commons Beach. The fun starts at 10 a.m. This annual event offers a special visit by the Easter Bunny. The full winter 2015 program for Rideout Community Center can be viewed by visiting http://www.tcpud.org/download/general/win15.pdf.
- There’s another batch of Easter eggs to be found at Alpine Meadows. The activities take place Easter Sunday, April 5. Colorful eggs abound in two separate hunts: one for the kids, and one of the adults. There’s even some high tech available, as the resort holds its Beacon and Eggs Avalanche Beacon Scavenger Hunt.
- The Ritz-Carlton offers Café Chocolat every Saturday from 4 – 5 p.m. with a la carte
- The Easter holiday weekend of course offers skiing, snow permitting, at all major resorts.
- The Zephyr Cove Resort usually offers their Easter Brunch and Egg Hunt Cruise on the M.S. Dixie II. Check their website for more details closer to the event.
- There are numerous buffets and brunches over Easter weekend. Check with your favorite restaurant to see if they are offering any special Easter menus.
- Haven’t thrown a snowball for a while? Then you’ll want to find yourself at Tahoe Donner for their Snowball Throwing Contest on Saturday April 4. Details here.
- Every Sunday right up to Easter Sunday, Tahoe Resort Ministries and Northstar California offer interdenominational church services. They take place at 2 p.m., on the mountain at the top of the Vista Chair Lift at the Cross at 2:00 p.m. Everyone is welcome.
This list was accurate at the time of publication. Please check directly with the venue(s) to ensure dates, times, and locations remain the same.