Are you considering relocating to a prosperous, thriving town where population growth is almost twice that of the State? Then relocate to Truckee! There are a host of interesting and compelling demographics about Truckee that may just persuade you this is the place to come to. For example:
- Based on 2010 statistics, the median age for a Truckee resident is 38; Nevada County’s median is 47. Three age brackets – 35-39, 45-49, and 50-54 – each make up 10% of Truckee’s population.
- Educational achievements are impressive here. U.S. Census Bureau information for 2010 show that 46% of the town’s residents have achieved at least a Bachelor’s degree. Approximately 56% of residents have attained an Associate Degree or higher.
- Truckee’s per capita and median household income levels — $31,000 and $65,000 respectively – are greater than the County’s and statewide averages. A great location points to a higher demand for amenities, recreation, health & beauty care, and more.
- Concerning real estate properties, almost 50% of the town’s housing units fall in the second-home market category (for recreational, occasional, or seasonal use).
Truckee has grown, and continues to grow! Where County figures show a 6% growth figure, and the State grew 9%, population here has grown almost 16% over the past 10 years on record. More people commute into Truckee for work, than leave it: in fact, 36% of worker outflow is related to High Wage jobs (more than $3,333/month), but 92% of outflowing workers are replaced by workers commuting into Truckee. Here’s more:
- Truckee’s Employment Specialization’s top five, compared to the State of California, include Utilities, Construction, Accommodation/Food Services, Real Estate, and Arts & Entertainment (see chart).
- The town is focused on economic development. In addition to current opportunities, Truckee has identified and targeted for growth several key sectors including Health Services, Professional and Business Services, Lifestyle Businesses, Alternative Energy, Manufacturing, and more.
Relocating requires an important collection of decisions: you need to consider employment, the housing market, local economy, and much more. Truckee, with all the key numbers in excess of county and state averages, with opportunities, and with prime real estate, makes a great choice.